WOC 2018 Lots of fun!

Official forum for the World of Commodore expo
Next expo: December 1-2, 2018
Bish500

WOC 2018 Lots of fun!

Post by Bish500 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:24 pm

Thanks to the organizers! I was only able to attend Sunday, and I think some of the exhibits were already gone, but I really enjoyed being there again this year. I missed the Bits & Bytes Pilot last year, and was very grateful it was shown again this year.

Looking forward to WOC 2019!

mrnop

Re: WOC 2018 Lots of fun!

Post by mrnop » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:20 am

We drove 90 minutes to WoC. Upon arrival (Sunday) most of the vendors had already left... there was the freebie table, used software for sale and some cookie cutters (literally). Seems Saturday was the day to be there. Ian and Schema were nowhere to be seen... Jim Drew's nametag sat on the table, and I don't think he even showed.

Heck, not even a sign in table. We could have slipped in without our TPUG memberships purchased the night before.

I know some people came from out of town to stay at a hotel and be there.... but what the heck did they do all day? We were in and out in 20 minutes. :cry:

Question.... David Bradley - he seems to have literally a hundred 1541's and tons of monitors, PET disk drives.... what does he do with these? Does he sell them?

rhjsavage

Post by rhjsavage » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:23 pm

Thanks as well to the organizers. My son and I had a great time, and I got an opportunity to buy hardware and software I haven't had access to in 20 years. I love the free table concept. I'm not sure how you stretch things out to two days, but I would love it if you had sessions on diagnosing and fixing Commodore issues. There's a lot of knowledge out there I know i don't otherwise have access to.

Thanks again, and we'll be back next year.

80sFreak

Post by 80sFreak » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:19 pm

mrnop wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:20 am
I know some people came from out of town to stay at a hotel and be there.... but what the heck did they do all day? We were in and out in 20 minutes. :cry:
On Saturday there is quite a lot to do - lots of exhibits and presentations going on pretty much the entire time. Then at 7pm everyone goes out to Swiss Chalet, then back again to play with systems, listen to lots of SID tunes and hang with friends. Oh and have a few drinks.. :D I didn't go to my room till 2am.

Cheers,

Bryan